UNIQUE FOOD & WINE ADVENTURES
I call this my "Foodie Days". A package built around the culinary arts that may include any of the following activities:
- Tours of our local Farmers' markets
- Wine tasting at legendary châteaux of the Médoc, Saint-Emilion, Sauternes, Graves, Entre Deux Mers...
- Cooking together (you can watch or participate. Your choice!)
- Visit of the Dordogne region with its incredible castles, green valleys, rivers and restaurants
- Antique and brocante shopping
- Fresh oysters and other delicious seafood tasting by the ocean in Arcachon bay or Cap Ferret
- Tour of local landmark buildings and sites (abbeys, churches, castles, medieval villages...)
I invite you to go over some of our previous itineraries under the "Sample Itineraries" tab.
The most common itinerary for one Food days usually follows the following "schedule":
- We tour a local Farmers' Market, decide on a lunch menu and shop accordingly
- Private visit and wine tasting at a local château
- Cooking and lunch in my family home
- Walking tour of the medieval village of St-Emilion or other local landmark (castle, abbey...). I will share all of the historical facts and local gossip I know :)
* Kindly note that wines prices in the Bordeaux area vary greatly. The locals know which ones really bring the best value for money. Therefore, Stéphane will select the wines that will be enjoyed with each meal/dish, in line with your personal preferences and taste. These wines have been enjoyed and traded by his family for generations and truly represent some of the very best our region has to offer. Should you wish to experience some of the higher end options (Premiers Grands Crus Classés for example), Stéphane will simply charge you at cost.
Reading all this information for the first time may be difficult to process. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have!
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR PRICING AND RESERVATION PROCESS
Cost per day per person:
Party of one: 650€
Party of two: 420€
Party of three: 370€
Party of 4: 320€
- These prices include my services as your private guide as well as all food & beverages* and transportation.
- A day of foodie adventures lasts 7 hours (usually 9am to 4pm and includes 1 meal). A longer day usually lasts an extra 3 hours and includes a second meal. In this case, any additional hour over the standard 7 hour day will be charged 80€.
- These prices do not include lodging or travel to Bordeaux.
- Packages of 5 days or more may be payed in monthly installments with no interest nor extra charge.
- Full payment must be settled at least 1 week before arrival.
- Please note that deposits are non refundable.
- Should you make a full payment when the reservation is made, only 50% of it is refundable if the reservation is cancelled at least 30 days prior to the date.
- If a cancellation is made less than a week prior to the date, the full amount is due.
I will be happy to recommend hotels and bed & breakfasts in the area which I am confident you will enjoy.
- Call or E-mail me to check on available dates (use the contact form). At this point, you will tell him how many Foodie Days you wish to purchase and the kind of experience you are looking for.
- I will send you a quote and a first draft of your itinerary.
- Payment of 50% deposit for packages including 3 Foodie Days or more. Full payment is required for all packages including less than 3 Foodie Days. We accept Visa, Mastercard or bank to bank transfers.
- I will confirm your reservation by E-mail and send you a questionnaire that will allow me to build your final itinerary.
- This itinerary will be sent to you in a timely manner.
Packages of 5 days or more may be payed in monthly installments with no interest/extra charge.